Glazing Test Tiles! - Cross-Mixing Commercial Glazes Pt 3/4 -


 Finally at the glaze test tile stage! Once I started laying out the glazes I realized the task I set out on was bigger than expected.

The Big Delay?  
I didn't figure in a key element of the process...RECONSTITUTING DRY GLAZE! The process to reconstitute my dry glazes took an EXTREMELY long time lol! It wasn't as easy as opening a jar and mixing it up. It was add water, waiting, mixing, dumping in a larger container, blending with a hand mixer and pouring it back into the container. Then I needed to wash the container to do it all over again. A labor of love to be sure, but it did cause me to rethink my ultimate goal for each test tile.

I explain in the video how much I got done and how as the project progressed I fined tuned my goals to be more focused and specific! I'll really be working hard to complete the glazing and firing by next week...if not I'll extend it out because the ultimate goal is testing the glazes and not necessarily finishing in 4 weeks...even if it takes a little longer than expected, it will be worth it!

Thanks for watching and hope you enjoy and your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated!!!

~ Tammy Jo

http://www.HobbyPotter.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hobby-Potter-Pottery-Making-Ceramics/128809130514301?ref=hl



Labels: , , ,