Cup #361 - Small Beaker Shaped Cup & Abstract Handle



There is something about this shape that has always pleased me... I love going off the beaten path! ~~~~~

Tammy's TOP 10 of 2011: What I've learned this year...
#4 - 2% Technique & 98% Opinion = ART
"What's beautiful to me may not be beautiful to you!" That is the "beauty" of the variety in creating art! This concept took me sometime to realize...(up until very recently actually). There are specific laws, if you will, on creating good form and function, but not every piece that is made will conform to that idea. The whole idea of art is to express YOURSELF! This project has given me skills to use so I may begin creating with clay the images/impressions/concepts that make my heart sing. Will people love every piece?..nope... When I look back on all of these cups, do I love every cup?...nope. But I've learned that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that excites me! It opens up so many avenues of discussion and education. To know that people can be free to share their artwork, whether anyone else likes it or not, is a wonderful gift!

Warm Regards, & Thanks for watching!
Tammy Jo