This blogpost will be short and sweet! No deep thoughts or funny anecdotes...just some cool (well I thought so anyway) trivia about this 365 Day journey in clay cups.
Did you Know...
How much clay has been used?
(This does not include clay used for practicing or the "crash & burn" cups to be reclaimed)
|10 lb bags & solid clay blocks|
for recycling! This is not all of it.
January: 31 Cups - 31 lbs. 4 oz (14.17 kg)
February: 28 Cups - 23 lbs. 12 oz (10.77 kg)
March: 31 Cups - 25 lbs. 9 oz (11.59 kg)
April: 30 Cups - 29 lbs. 2 oz (13.2 kg)
May: 31 Cups - 27 lbs. 8 oz (12.5 kg)
June: 30 Cups - 31lbs. 4 oz (14.17kg)
181 Cups 168 lbs. 4 oz (76.198 kg)
Trivia about the Videos?
- I've published 193 Videos to Youtube (to date)
- 15 of those videos are glazing & Kiln Opening videos
- 1 hospital visit delay video
- 1 Open Studio tour & Don Hall's studio
- 1 Steve Booton surprise package opening
Each video takes approximately:
- 2-3 hours to upload
- 45 minutes - 1 hour to edit, which means I've spent....
386-576 hours or 16-24 days uploading videos
144-193 hours or 6-8 days editing clips
- Each cup averages 3 1/2" high x 3" wide
- Before summer I would do most of my throwing between 9:00pm & 12:00pm
- It takes me approximately 5 minutes to throw a cup from beginning to end.
- It takes on average 12 hours to fire & 12 hours to cool each kiln load.
*If you have watched every video in the series up to "Kiln Opening #5"
You will have watched EXACTLY... 30 hours - 30 minutes of video!
If you have been with me since Day #1, Thank you so very much for coming along and sharing your thoughts and ideas..or even if you've been a closet watcher I thank you! If you are just joing along and wanted to watch every video...you now know EXACTLY how long it will take you to get caught up..LOL!
This was fun and I'm so glad I sat down to figure out these stats..........it only took me 45 minutes ;)
~ Happy Potting ~